https://winyournewcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WinYourNewCar4.jpg 0 0 mnydish https://winyournewcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WinYourNewCar4.jpg mnydish2014-09-18 10:20:502014-09-18 10:22:262015 Corvette Z06
2015 Corvette Z06
Check out The Amazing Specs for the new 2015 Corvette Z06:
- 620 horsepower and 635 lb.-ft. of torque from a supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 that’s very close in dimensions to the naturally-aspirated LT1 thanks to a purpose-built 1.7L Eaton supercharger that spins faster than conventional setups (20,000 RPM, or 5,000 more than the ZR1′s LS9), with the supercharger/intercooler assembly mounted in the valley between the cylinder heads. With this design, the LT4 is only one inch taller than the LT1, and nearly identical in every other dimension, making it one of the smallest high powered motors on the market, with an impressive 10.0:1 compression ratio. It Includes exotic materials like titanium intake valves, forged aluminum pistons, and a redline of around 6,500 RPM, impressive for an OHV motor with forced induction.
- Choose between a seven-speed manual and a new 8L90E eight-speed automatic transmission with a carbon fiber torque tube. This makes the 2015 Corvette Z06 the only supercar over 600 horsepower that offers both a manual and automatic gearbox (Sorry Porsche).
- There will be three levels of aerodynamic packages for the 2015 Z06. The Corvette team is expecting the 2015 Z06 to generate the most downforce of any vehicle GM has ever produced, citing aerodynamic estimations that would be close to the C7.R race car. This was a accomplished with a new carbon fiber splitter, a larger hood extractor, a composite spoiler, adjustable winglets and a unique grille design that allows for more airflow than if the 2015 Z06 just had an open mouth. Cooling to the transmission and differential are also 50 percent better than before. And, the chassis of the C7 Corvette Z06 with an enclosed roof is an incredible 60 percent stiffer than the C6 Z06. With an open roof, it’s still 20 percent stiffer.
- The 2015 Corvette Z06 continues to incorporate GM’s patented Magnetic Ride Control suspension, making it suitable for daily use… for the fanatic at least. The 2015 Z06 also adopts the same Michelin tires used by the C6 Corvette ZR1, for huge gains in braking and grip.
- Optional Z07 performance package.
- There’s also an optional Performance Data Recorder for the track junkie.
“WIN YOUR NEW CAR IS AN AWESOME WAY TO WIN THE CAR OF YOUR DREAMS!”
–Tommy Milner, Factory Corvette Driver, 24 Hours of Le Mans Champion & Win Your New Car Spokesperson
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!